Saturday, May 23, 2009

Worth

She fades away
each time she stumbles
fully aware of her depravity.
And when she gets it right
a smile appears
so proud of her abilities.
Worth attached
to every decision
brings much anxiety.
Unconditional love
hard to fathom
and surrender a mystery.
If the Truth she professes
guides her actions,
she finds the path to serenity.
Romans 8: 38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 comment:

Chad said...

I really enjoy your writings Sarah! You seem like such a deep person. In this entry I identify with the two sided struggle of sin (which often pushes me away from God and people) and obedience (which often leads me down a path of arrogance). Neither of these responses reflect an understanding of the unconditional love of God, but rather a lack of belief in that kind of love. God help me! Thanks for sharing your thoughts again and articulating it all so profoundly!