Friday, September 4, 2009

Rest

Time a bittersweet gift
allowing joy and pain to the soul.
And rest unknown
when painful memories remain whole.

Guilt a cruel thief
stealing enjoyment of love and acceptance.
Heavy burdens need release
for peace to take hold.

Undeserved freedom
from troubles and sorrows begins
as the Healer creates a path
to make Love known.

While imperfections remain
a Hope now whispers
words of forgivenss
for this weary soul.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Galations 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

No comments: