Thursday, December 11, 2008

Curious

In Genesis it says that God created man in his own image. We are all so different though so I wonder if this more a general statement about humanity or can we apply it to specifics even to the point of our personalities? Like maybe everyone we meet has a little piece of God in them and the more people we meet the more possible joy we can experience because we get to experience that piece of God that we would have never known before otherwise.

What about that person who notices all the obscure things about life and makes everyone laugh and have fun. Do you think God does that? That he is making the angels laugh in heaven? I hope so. I like that thought. Or what about that kind person you know that never has anything negative to say. A little easier to believe I guess that God is like that. Or what about the person in your life who is so carefree and enjoys every moment of life. Or the serious intellect who understands more about life than most ever will. Maybe God contains the sum of all the good we see in others and if we really look for the good in others we get to see God.

Of course there are going to be things in others that drive us nuts but today in my interactions with the world I am going to try and look past that. I will try to see the amazing things that God wants me to see in that person and if it means I can draw closer to Him in the process then all the more exciting. Well, just a thought anyways, but it makes me excited about knowing the friends I already have more and excited/curious about the ones I have yet to make!

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female created them.

No comments: