Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wandering in Hope

Her silent response
screams of the hurt inside.
And hope for tomorrow,
drifts from her mind.

The meaning unclear,
as joy and laughter no longer fill the air.
She grows impatient,
waiting to discover where to go from here.

Because waiting for something uncertain,
sounds needlessly foolish in her mind.
She searches for purpose in hidden places.

Her pain makes her selfish
as she holds it all inside.
She hurts those around her
when striving for purpose.

When will she stop
trying to make herself feel joy?
And rest in the One
who gives it so generously.

In desperation she stops
trying to find her way.
And turns to Him
who promises the directions to Life.

He refused to record
all the times she wandered aimlessly.
And graciously shows her the path to freedom.

She still doesn’t know
where she is going.
But chooses to trust
the Light she now follows.

How is this way better?
Doubts whisper in the darkness.
But a peace fills her heart,
when she places hope in His glorious destination.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all you heart.

No comments: